[Middlegen-user] JDO and EJB CMP
G***@xcomp.com.au
2002-08-13 05:47:01 UTC
Hi All,

I'm not really clear on the advantages and disadvantages of JDO (as
generated by middlegen) to using EJBs with CMP (as generated by
middlegen). Any info would be appreciated ... I read somewhere that JDO
will not support scalability by default, but didn't find any details.

To try to understand further I wanted to try using JDO in the sample
application with middlegen. Is the JDO stuff with middlegen ready for
use?

I note that middlegen generates jdo/*Bean.java classes and also
generates xml *.jdo descriptors for the beans. Does anyone know how to
deploy this in JBoss? Once it is deployed, how do I use it?

thanks!

Glenn
a***@netcom.no
2002-08-13 06:58:04 UTC
For an endless discussion about JDO and EJB:

http://www.theserverside.com/discussion/thread.jsp?thread_id=771

I'm not really clear on the advantages and disadvantages of JDO (as
generated by middlegen) to using EJBs with CMP (as generated by
middlegen). Any info would be appreciated ... I read somewhere
Just to be clear. The CMPs and JDOs that Middlegen/XDoclet generate are
100% spec compliant. There is nothing Middlegen/XDoclet-specific about
them once they are generated.
Post by G***@xcomp.com.au
that JDO
will not support scalability by default, but didn't find any details.
To try to understand further I wanted to try using JDO in the sample
application with middlegen. Is the JDO stuff with middlegen ready for
use?
AFAIK, yes.
Post by G***@xcomp.com.au
I note that middlegen generates jdo/*Bean.java classes and also
Yes
Post by G***@xcomp.com.au
generates xml *.jdo descriptors for the beans. Does anyone know
No. XDoclet does that.
Post by G***@xcomp.com.au
how to
deploy this in JBoss? Once it is deployed, how do I use it?
You can't! JBoss doesn't have a JDO engine. -But you can find some
here:

http://www.jdocentral.com/

(I recommend LIBeLIS LiDO Community Edition to get you started with
JDO).

Aslak
Post by G***@xcomp.com.au
thanks!