[Middlegen-user] Something isn't working.
Ert
2003-03-25 21:20:02 UTC
Hiya.

Pulling up December's thread about middlegen stopping midway through
When running ant and quitting the gui that shows me the middlegen
relationships etc.
The middlegen task just quits. [...]
I, too, am suddenly finding generation hanging partway through the
(middlegen.FileProducer 404 ) Generating
/Applications/middlegen-2.0-b1/samples/build/gen-webui/struts/menu.jsp
using template from
jar:file:/Applications/middlegen-2.0-b1/samples/lib/middlegen-
struts.jar!/middlegen/plugins/struts/menu-jsp.vm
...and then it just hangs (as opposed to quitting).

I, too, am able to make it through the target if I set gui="false".
-So I suspect this might have something to do with your MACOSX.
According to
the JFrame API, the VM should not exit when a frame is closed unless
setDefaultCloseOperation(EXIT_ON_CLOSE) has been called on it earlier.
never call that method, but maybe the MACOSX JDK behaves differently? I
couldn't find any info about this on the web either.
I'm also running on a Mac, so I wanted to add some support for this
idea.

The thing that's bothering me is that four weeks ago I successfully
made it through the middlegen and then ejbdoclet targets with the exact
same build.xml and database. I switched to JDK 1.4.1, and I'm about to
try going down to 1.3.1 again, but I note that Robert was running 1.3.1
back in December.

I suppose this could be a completely separate problem, but it was
similar enough I wanted to post.

- Ert
Rod Macpherson
2003-03-25 22:49:06 UTC
For what it's worth, we are generating several hundred CMP beans (without the GUI) without a burp. Perhaps the JVM memory needs to be bumped?

Yost, John
2003-03-27 14:40:08 UTC
I found the same thing.
Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Handheld (www.BlackBerry.net)
a***@netcom.no
2003-03-27 15:05:29 UTC
Post by Yost, John
I found the same thing.
what are you talking about? what isn't working? i don't have an
elephant's memory.

aslak