[Middlegen-user] generated code does not compile(2)
Leif Ashley
2004-02-27 23:57:03 UTC
Haug and Eivind Waaler: to the best of my knowledge, the methods:

void ejbActivate()
void ejbLoad()
void ejbPassivate()
void ejbRemove()
void ejbStore()
void setEntityContext(EntityContext ctx)
void unsetEntityContext()

... are still required in CMP beans as per the J2EE spec. Even if I'm wrong,
JBoss will definately require it because of how the reflection and
dereferencing occures. I hit the same error today, and here's the JBoss error
from my cactus report:

null; CausedByException is: Method is not a known CMP field accessor, CMR field
accessor, or ejbSelect method: methodName=ejbActivate

What a booger. On the up side, you should be able to include a merge file even
though I haven't tried it.

=====
http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools
Eivind Waaler
2004-03-01 06:24:06 UTC
Hi again,

The standard Middlegen airline sample (flight, person, reservation)
deploys on JBoss. The point is that XDoclet generates an xxCMP class for
all the bean classes that contains the required methods.

Seems like you've been using Middlegen without running XDoclet on the
generated code? If you look at the Middlegen sample you'll see how
Middlegen and XDoclet work together to generate complete code for
deployment.

Regards
.eivindw.
Leif Ashley
2004-03-02 03:09:16 UTC
xDoclet is not a factor here. XDoclet runs agains tags in the bean classes. The
methods we're talking about here are in those bean classes. MiddleGen is *NOT*
putting those methods in the bean classes, and as such, generating JBoss CMP
errors.

If this isn't the case, please show me how.
Post by Leif Ashley
accessor, or ejbSelect method: methodName=ejbActivate
What a booger. On the up side, you should be able to include a merge file
even
Post by Leif Ashley
though I haven't tried it.
=====
http://search.yahoo.com
Eivind Waaler
2004-03-02 06:17:00 UTC
The way middlegen works is to use xdoclet to generate the xxCMP class that
has these methods. Please run the middlegen sample and check out the
resulting code. Middlegen generates a FlightBean.java file, then it uses
xdoclet to generate FlightCMP.java which has all the required methods.

Not sure if this is the common way to use xdoclet, but it works and
deploys fine on jboss.

=2Eeivind
Post by Leif Ashley
JBoss will definately require it because of how the reflection and
dereferencing occures. I hit the same error today, and here's the JBo=
ss
Post by Eivind Waaler
error
Post by Leif Ashley
null; CausedByException is: Method is not a known CMP field accessor,=
CMR
Post by Eivind Waaler
field
Post by Leif Ashley
accessor, or ejbSelect method: methodName=3DejbActivate
What a booger. On the up side, you should be able to include a merge =
file
Post by Eivind Waaler
even
Post by Leif Ashley
though I haven't tried it.
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
Leif Ashley
2004-03-02 17:39:01 UTC
As you said "Middlegen generates a FlightBean.java" - that bean java source
file is the file that has to have the passivate, activate, etc. methods, not
the interfaces from xdoclet.

Without those methods in the bean source file generated from middlegen, the CMP
entity beans are useless.
Post by Eivind Waaler
The way middlegen works is to use xdoclet to generate the xxCMP class that
has these methods. Please run the middlegen sample and check out the
resulting code. Middlegen generates a FlightBean.java file, then it uses
xdoclet to generate FlightCMP.java which has all the required methods.
Not sure if this is the common way to use xdoclet, but it works and
deploys fine on jboss.
.eivind
Post by Leif Ashley
null; CausedByException is: Method is not a known CMP field accessor,
CMR
Post by Leif Ashley
Post by Eivind Waaler
field
Post by Leif Ashley
accessor, or ejbSelect method: methodName=ejbActivate
What a booger. On the up side, you should be able to include a merge
file
Post by Leif Ashley
Post by Eivind Waaler
even
Post by Leif Ashley
though I haven't tried it.
=====
http://search.yahoo.com
Eivind Waaler
2004-03-02 18:35:02 UTC
Yes middlegen generates a FlightBean.java. Then xdoclet generates a
FlightCMP.java that has the following definition (notice how it extends
the FlightBean):

public abstract class FlightCMP
extends airline.ejb.FlightBean
implements javax.ejb.EntityBean
{
public void ejbLoad()
{
}

public void ejbStore()
{
}

=2E..

So FlightCMP extends FlightBean with the methods you're missing. Check
out the generated ejb-jar.xml file, notice the ejb-class:

<ejb-class>airline.ejb.FlightCMP</ejb-class>

This works, believe it or not.

=2Eeivind
Post by Leif Ashley
void ejbActivate()
void ejbLoad()
void ejbPassivate()
void ejbRemove()
void ejbStore()
void setEntityContext(EntityContext ctx)
void unsetEntityContext()
... are still required in CMP beans as per the J2EE spec. Even if=
I'm
Post by Eivind Waaler
wrong,
Post by Eivind Waaler
Post by Leif Ashley
dereferencing occures. I hit the same error today, and here's the=
JBoss
Post by Eivind Waaler
error
Post by Leif Ashley
null; CausedByException is: Method is not a known CMP field acces=
sor,
CMR
Post by Eivind Waaler
field
Post by Leif Ashley
accessor, or ejbSelect method: methodName=3DejbActivate
What a booger. On the up side, you should be able to include a me=
rge
file
Post by Eivind Waaler
even
Post by Leif Ashley
though I haven't tried it.
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
Leif Ashley
2004-03-02 19:36:02 UTC
"> This works, believe it or not."

Ok, ok... I believe you. I just need to figure out what's going on. I'll take a
closer look at the example and see where I'm having issues.

Thanks a ton for the info!
Post by Leif Ashley
the interfaces from xdoclet.
Without those methods in the bean source file generated from middlegen, the
CMP
Post by Leif Ashley
entity beans are useless.
Post by Leif Ashley
xDoclet is not a factor here. XDoclet runs agains tags in the bean
classes.
Post by Leif Ashley
Post by Eivind Waaler
The
Post by Leif Ashley
methods we're talking about here are in those bean classes. MiddleGen
is
Post by Leif Ashley
Post by Eivind Waaler
*NOT*
Post by Leif Ashley
putting those methods in the bean classes, and as such, generating
JBoss
Post by Leif Ashley
Post by Eivind Waaler
CMP
Post by Leif Ashley
Post by Eivind Waaler
Post by Leif Ashley
void ejbActivate()
void ejbLoad()
void ejbPassivate()
void ejbRemove()
void ejbStore()
void setEntityContext(EntityContext ctx)
void unsetEntityContext()
... are still required in CMP beans as per the J2EE spec. Even if
I'm
Post by Leif Ashley
Post by Eivind Waaler
Post by Leif Ashley
Post by Eivind Waaler
wrong,
Post by Leif Ashley
JBoss will definately require it because of how the reflection and
dereferencing occures. I hit the same error today, and here's the
JBoss
Post by Leif Ashley
Post by Eivind Waaler
Post by Leif Ashley
Post by Eivind Waaler
error
Post by Leif Ashley
null; CausedByException is: Method is not a known CMP field
accessor,
Post by Leif Ashley
Post by Eivind Waaler
CMR
Post by Leif Ashley
Post by Eivind Waaler
field
Post by Leif Ashley
accessor, or ejbSelect method: methodName=ejbActivate
What a booger. On the up side, you should be able to include a
merge
Post by Leif Ashley
Post by Eivind Waaler
file