[Middlegen-user] jboss cmp-field field and column name conversion
Eric Lacroix
2002-07-22 13:33:03 UTC

Jboss can't find proper attribute in the postgresql database where field
have '_' characters.
For exemple, Jboss returns: ERROR: Attribute 'fkpersontypeid' not found
when field in database is fk_persontype_id.
When editing jbosscmp-jdbc.xml to add :

<cmp-field>
<field-name>fkPersontypeId</field-name>
<column-name>fk_persontype_id</column-name>
</cmp-field>

in section :
<entity>
<ejb-name>Person</ejb-name>

before building the jar, it works fine.

The xdoclet tag
* @ejb.persistence column-name="fk_persontype_id"
is present in the source code generated by middlegen.

It seems that it's an xdoclet problem:
what do you think of that ?
Is there a difference between mainstream xdoclet and xdoclet in
middlegen ?
I may post the same message in xdoclet-user ml ?

Thx,
Eric.
Aslak Hellesøy
2002-07-23 16:14:03 UTC
Just out of curiosity - What Middlegen/XDoclet version are you using?

Aslak
Eric Lacroix
2002-07-24 05:50:05 UTC
Post by Aslak Hellesøy
Just out of curiosity - What Middlegen/XDoclet version are you using?
Oops, sorry if i didn't mention it. I use middlegen from cvs. I update
it very often.
Xdoclet is included in middlegen cvs, isn't it ?

Eric.
Aslak Hellesøy
2002-07-24 08:41:04 UTC
Hi Eric. OK, so you're using CVS. I'm not sure if I understood everything...
Jboss can't find proper attribute in the postgresql database where field
have '_' characters.
For exemple, Jboss returns: ERROR: Attribute 'fkpersontypeid' not found
when field in database is fk_persontype_id.
<cmp-field>
<field-name>fkPersontypeId</field-name>
<column-name>fk_persontype_id</column-name>
</cmp-field>
<entity>
<ejb-name>Person</ejb-name>
before building the jar, it works fine.
The xdoclet tag
is present in the source code generated by middlegen.
what do you think of that ?
It looks like XDoclet doesn't generate <cmp-field> elements as it should. As
you see the weblogic-cmp-rdbms-jar.xml descriptor gets them correctly
generated.
Is there a difference between mainstream xdoclet and xdoclet in
middlegen ?
I regularly update Middlegen with XDoclet built from CVS (every 1-2 weeks).
You can check the jar files' time stamp to see when it's from. I suggest you
build XDoclet from CVS and try again. If the problem persists, please post
an XDoclet bug report.

Aslak