[Middlegen-user] Building samples on oracle 9i - cannot resolve symbol
i***@gsk.com
2004-11-04 07:59:35 UTC
I have successfully run and built the sample application from a mysql
database (as I'm more familiar with that). Then decided to move to Oracle
to do the same. I'm running building on a windows platform accessing an
oracle 9i database using the ojdbc14.jar drivers, and Middlegen 2.1.

The Middlegen task completed, then the XDoclet stage created classes, but
the compilation stage failed. With the following:
compile-ejb:
[javac] Compiling 53 source files to
C:\programming\middlegen-2.1\samples\build\classes
[javac]
C:\programming\middlegen-2.1\samples\build\gen-src\airline\ejb\PersonBean.java:261:
cannot resolve symbol
[javac] symbol : variable reservations
[javac] location: class airline.ejb.PersonBean
[javac] setReservations(reservations);
[javac] ^
[javac] 1 error

I've not found the same error in the archive, but I don't think I deviated
from the guide, because I carried it out successfully with mySQL.

Can anybody shed some light?

Thanks
Big Worm
2004-11-05 17:07:43 UTC
Have you ever found a resolution to this? I am having the same
problem, which I posted on a few days ago (Oracle 9i, 'cannot resolve
symbol'). The method takes a series of attributes for the Value
Object and, as yours does, it passes an undefined collection of the
Value Objects to the mutator method. Surely this has been solved by
someone.

Thanks