[Middlegen-user] MiddlegenException For Oracle Connection
Urciolo, Kevin
2003-02-28 19:35:09 UTC
Hello, I am new in this area. When I connect, I get the following
exception:

middlegen.MiddlegenException: Middlegen successfully connected to the
database, but I couldn't find any tables. Perhaps the specified schema or
catalog is wrong? -Or maybe there aren't any tables in the database at all?

I believe my settings are ok. One thing I am unsure of is the catalog. I
know that I don't use catalog. Does this mean I have an empty stream, or do
I null it somehow?

<property name="database.userid" value="xxxx"/>
<property name="database.password" value="xxxxx"/>
<property name="database.schema" value="XXXX"/>
<property name="database.catalog" value=""/>

Thanks.
Yuri Kouzmov
2003-02-28 19:51:01 UTC
The build.xml file that comes w/ the last build has a bug in it. It's
not passing the value of schema to the middlegen task. You can leave the
catalog value empty. Your middlegen task in build.xml should look like:

<middlegen
appname="${name}"
prefsdir="${src.dir}"
gui="${gui}"
databaseurl="${database.url}"
initialContextFactory="${java.naming.factory.initial}"
providerURL="${java.naming.provider.url}"
datasourceJNDIName="${datasource.jndi.name}"
driver="${database.driver}"
username="${database.userid}"
password="${database.password}"
schema="${database.schema}"
catalog="${database.catalog}"
Y.

Hello, I am new in this area. When I connect, I get the following
exception:

middlegen.MiddlegenException: Middlegen successfully connected to the
database, but I couldn't find any tables. Perhaps the specified schema
or
catalog is wrong? -Or maybe there aren't any tables in the database at
all?

I believe my settings are ok. One thing I am unsure of is the catalog.
know that I don't use catalog. Does this mean I have an empty stream,
or do
I null it somehow?

<property name="database.userid" value="xxxx"/>
<property name="database.password" value="xxxxx"/>
<property name="database.schema" value="XXXX"/>
<property name="database.catalog" value=""/>

Thanks.

Welcome to geek heaven.
http://thinkgeek.com/sf
Aslak Hellesoy
2003-03-02 20:33:30 UTC
-And in if you don't have a schema or catalog, just don't specify it (in
stead of passing an empty string).

Aslak