[Middlegen-user] Is this right?
Chris Malan
2003-06-27 05:07:08 UTC
Hi Middlegen Users,

Some of my tables have unique strings as primary keys, like user_name. Others
have ints as primary keys. I love the idea that I don't have to worry about
those ints, consequently I leave the bit about the sequence block in the
middlegen task in the build.xml untouched. I do set the GUID to false as I
don't want middlegen to even try and generate string keys. I've seen the
code comments that this doesn't work yet. However, the middlegan target
(task is a much better word here) perversely keeps on trying to generate all
primary keys, not just the int ones. It is a small matter to hand edit the
ejbCreate methods and I will keep on doing it if an easier way is not
available. Is this the way it should be? I am impressed by the wealth of
methods generated by Middlegen leaving me only a few select methods to
implement.

Secondly, Middlegen seems to be exellent for generating hordes of entity
beans, their interfaces, utility classes and what not. I would like to keep
on using it. But I would like to write a session bean to access all the
entity beans and a web application to access the the session bean. They all
should be archived together in an ear. Middlegen leaves me with the ejb.jar.
Is there any tool that can use this ejb.jar and do the rest? I am looking at
Eclipse and Lomboz, but there seems to be no immediately obvious way of doing
this.

Thanks
--
Chris Malan
***@optusnet.com.au
Home Page: http://members.optusnet.com.au/~malan2000
sabat
2003-06-27 12:45:03 UTC
Post by Chris Malan
Secondly, Middlegen seems to be exellent for generating hordes of entity
beans, their interfaces, utility classes and what not. I would like to keep
on using it. But I would like to write a session bean to access all the
entity beans and a web application to access the the session bean.
The new branch of middlegen generates session bean facades for you --
works for me. See previous emails about how to get it from cvs.
Ant? This is really a matter of just setting up an Ant task, no?
Vadlamudi, Ranga Rao (Cognizant)
2003-06-30 04:05:07 UTC
Hi All
I want to use two fields in my finder .is it possible to generate finder with two fields by default it is taking only one filed..

Regards
Ranga Rao

Eivind Waaler