[Middlegen-user] 2.0b1 source download?
Flagg, Kenneth BGI SF
2003-09-10 22:12:24 UTC
Hello. I'm looking for the source to Middlegen 2.0b1 - it's not on the
downloads page. I'm looking to debug the following issue:

I have a many-to-one relationship between table y and table x. The foreign
key to table x from table y (x_id) happens to be part of a composite unique
index. The value itself, however, is not unique. When middlegen scans the
tables and creates the relationship diagram, it shows a one-to-one
relationship. When I try to make it many-to-one (using the control-click
method) I get the following error:

"Can't change the cardinality of a one-to-one relationship where the foreign
key is also a primary key or unique."

I'm guessing that the methodology used by Middlegen to determine the
cardinality of relationships does not discriminate between unique columns
and columns that are part of a composite unique index. Has anyone worked
around this?

If someone could point me to the source, I can look into this myself.

Thanks,
Ken
Eivind Waaler
2003-09-12 01:45:28 UTC
You get the source from cvs:
http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=36044

I recommend getting the VALUEOBJECT_REFACTORING_BRANCH tag, because there
are some bugs in the MAIN branch.. Also the VO branch contains quite alot
of new functionality (value object, session bean facade, hibernate...).

.eivind
Flagg, Kenneth BGI SF

Ken
Russell Simpkins
[...]