[Middlegen-user] relationship role names
Christian Sell
2004-10-06 16:23:14 UTC
Hello,

I am using the cmp20 plugin. For some N-M relationships, I am getting invalid
(i.e. non-compilable) method names which are obviously generated from
table/column names with dashes in between.
Also, for some cases where there are multiple relationships between the same
tables (e.g., assignable-locations, assigned-location), conflicting
relationship names are generated, which causes XDoclet to blow up.

Is there any way to fix the above, instead of having to hand-edit the generated
files after every run?
In addition, I would like to specify the relationship names and role names
explicitly, instead of having them generated.

TIA,
Christian Sell
Christian Sell
Christian Sell
Eivind Waaler
2004-10-07 19:14:03 UTC
Looked into your issues:

1. Table names with '-'. This is a bug/lack with the default
DbNameConverter. You can implement and specify you own converter:

http://boss.bekk.no/boss/middlegen/apidocs/middlegen/FooBarConverter.html

Have a look at the DbNameConverterImpl to see how the default
implementation is:

http://boss.bekk.no/boss/middlegen/xref/middlegen/DbNameConverterImpl.html

I'll try to get this fixed asap.

2. Multiple relationships between tables, specifying relationship names.
This is a known bug, which I thought was fixed. Sorry about that. Will try
to look into that too.

We're in a process of cleaning things up a bit, adding more tests and
generally getting more control of the project. Hopefully we'll be able to
eliminate major flaws like this much faster and easier very soon.

Thanks for your feedback :) Sorry the product didn't quite meet your
requirements yet..

.eivind
Christian Sell
2004-10-07 21:08:02 UTC
Post by Eivind Waaler
1. Table names with '-'. This is a bug/lack with the default
I am not sure this is the problem I am seeing. My tablenames do *not* contain
dashes. However, for one particular relationship, MG seems to be using the
generated relationship name also as part of the method names. I added the
attachement with all the required files to the SF issue.

christian