[Middlegen-user] add new plugin
Tarik El Galaf
2005-02-22 09:33:20 UTC
Hello
i want to add a new plugin. in the readme.txt of the directory plugins i
find :

Create new plugin archives here. One plugin archive might contain several
plugins.
In order to successfully build and test your plugins, you should:

1) Add a mapping for your plugin in
middlegen/src/java/middlegen/MiddlegenTask.java at the bottom (_plugins map)
2) Add an antcall to the plugin target in middlegen/build.xml in the
<plugins> target
3) Add a subelement corresponding to the mapping key in
middlegen/samples/build.xml in the middlegen task of the middlegen target

At a later stage, a deployment descriptor will be included in the plugin
archives, making 1) unnecessary

the problem is that i dont know how to add a mapping of my plugin in
MiddlegenTask.java i didnt find the variable _plugins. please help me how to
add my plugin.
M.-Leander Reimer
2005-02-22 10:07:36 UTC

I think step one is unnecessary (as it doesn't work anyway). Just do
step 2) and in your main plugin class (it must have the pattern
**/*Plugin.java) insert the following javadoc tag:

@middlegen.plugin
name = "XYZ"

The XYZ is the name if the middlegen subtask to use your plugin.