[Middlegen-user] Middlegen-r3
Alex Kh.
2003-12-16 10:38:00 UTC
Hi all,

I got some troubles with generating .hbm.xml mapping-files from DB.

Troubles are next:
- middlegen generate both-relations between PK and FK, but (as I
understood) better, when it will be one-way relation.

The question is: How I can ask middlegen to generate such relation in
just one way ?

Thanks in advice,
Alex Khilov.
Eivind Waaler
2003-12-16 11:41:03 UTC
What version Middlegen are you using? I recommend using the latest cvs
version.

You can use the GUI to generate the relationships in just one way. Might
have to call 'ant -Dgui=true middlegen' to open the gui. SHIFT-Click
relation to modify directionality, CRTL-Click to modify cardinality.

Regards
.eivindw
Alex Khilov
2003-12-16 12:17:01 UTC
I use Middlegen-r3 version (from Middlegen-Hibernate-r3.zip). Should be
the last one (OK, I'll have a look on CVS version as well).

Yes, I can change directions by mouse clicking, but this is not very
nice in case I have numerous tables in DB (this is exactly my case).
Should be some way, to do that by ant task (just for PK-FK relations).
But how ?

Thanks,
Alex.
.eivindw
Eivind Waaler
2003-12-16 12:44:01 UTC
For the special editions downloaded from Hibernate, it's better to ask for
help on the hibernate lists i think.

Don't think there is a way to specify all relationship directionality.
That would have to be some kind of switch to say what direction you'd want
all of them to be?

.eivind