[Middlegen-user] Oracle metadata interpretation problem
Van Roey Gunther
2003-01-17 07:34:06 UTC
Hello,

I'm using MiddleGen 2.0 beta 1 on MySQL Successfully.
With Oracle, however, it keeps giving me the same error:

build.xml:139: middlegen.MiddlegenException: Middlegen successfully connected to the database, but couldn't find any tables. Perhaps the specified schema or catalog is wrong? -Or maybe there aren't any tables in the database at all?

While there are tables in the database!
No catalog is needed, and the schema is simply the db user's name.

I'm using the oracle thin driver (classes12.zip), I put the URL, username and password in the oracle.xml (also tried to put in the schema name, but this didn't help)

Putting <table> elements in the build.xml file didn't help either...

Just for testing, I downloaded version 1.0, and I got this one running with the same database in seconds ...
Am I forgetting some configurations needed for 2.0 or is this a bug?

regards,

GÃŒnther.
Eivind Waaler
2003-01-17 08:19:10 UTC
Hi, there is a bug with the build.xml script with the 2.0 beta 1 version
(downloadable). In the <middlegen> task i build.xml, schema is simply set
to blank (schema=3D""), this should reference the schema set in the databas=
file (schema=3D"${database.schema}"). The catalog is missing entirely,
should be catalog=3D"${database.catalog}".

There has also been some reports of schema=3D"" and no schema attribute at
all showing different results.

Your problem is most likely linked to this catalog/schema stuff. Try
searching the mailinglist for similar issues, this is a very common
problem.

=2Eeivind
Post by Van Roey Gunther
Hello,
=20
I'm using MiddleGen 2.0 beta 1 on MySQL Successfully.
=20
build.xml:139: middlegen.MiddlegenException: Middlegen successfully conne=
cted to the database, but couldn't find any tables. Perhaps the specified s=
chema or catalog is wrong? -Or maybe there aren't any tables in the databas=
e at all?
Post by Van Roey Gunther
=20
While there are tables in the database!
No catalog is needed, and the schema is simply the db user's name.
=20
I'm using the oracle thin driver (classes12.zip), I put the URL, username=
and password in the oracle.xml (also tried to put in the schema name, but =
this didn't help)
=20
Post by Van Roey Gunther
Am I forgetting some configurations needed for 2.0 or is this a bug?
=20
=20
regards,
=20