[Middlegen-user] What is state of Middlegen
Ben Litchfield
2004-03-13 00:51:00 UTC
Basically as a user of middlegen I need some feedback with what you guys
are doing with middlegen. It appears that middlegen is moving away from
SF and to other sites, but it is this state of flux.

Is middlegen using SF or not? If middlegen is not using SF then I think a
cleaner break needs to happen. Having multiple places for
lists/bugs/downloads/... is a real pain in the ass.

What version do you recommend we use? Where do we get this version?

Where do we report bugs? SF or codehaus? codehaus seems to imply only
middlegen3, what about middlegen2? SF shows that the bug forum is closed.

http://middlegen.codehaus.org doesn't work, why is it there, how about a
forward to the real site? What is middlegen's website? Is it
http://boss.bekk.no/boss/middlegen/index.html?

I love middlegen and think it is a great tool!

Ben
Eivind Waaler
2004-03-13 14:38:06 UTC

Middlegen is going to move everything to codehaus eventually. But not
until version 3 is ready. So far only the issue tracker there is being
used, so all bugs, patches and change requests should be reported in the
codehaus jira.

The Middlegen project page is still sourceforge, this is where the latest
versions are found and the source is in the sourceforge cvs. The website
is: http://boss.bekk.no/boss/middlegen/

I recommend using the latest release (Middlegen 2.0 VO) or building from
the latest cvs version (at sourceforge). The only other release of
Middlegen is the one they have at Hibernate (only includes Hibernate
plugin).

To conclude, Middlegen 2.x is still being maintained at sourceforge,
except for bug tracking which is moved to codehaus. Version 3 is being
developed at codehaus. When this is ready for release, everything will
move to codehaus.

Sorry for the confusion.. :)

.eivind