[Middlegen-user] 2 questions
Soos Istvan
2004-03-19 20:32:12 UTC
Hello!

I'm very newbie, and right now I have 2 possibly dummy question:

Is there any build script and/or configuration that generates the CMP Bean
classes only? The classes witch I move into JbossIDE, and then run Xdoclet
in the IDE, and so on... (Is there any public or recommended configuration
example beyond the sample with the binaries?)

Is it possible to use my database's (mysql) auto increment fields against
"The portable Sequence Block PK generation pattern"? Or can anyone explain
the meaning of the tag: <sequenceblock blocksize="5" retrycount="2"
table="SEQ_BLOCK" />
Need I create new database table?

Thank you for your help!

Istvan
Eivind Waaler
2004-03-24 07:27:04 UTC
Post by Soos Istvan
Hello!
Is there any build script and/or configuration that generates the CMP Bean
classes only? The classes witch I move into JbossIDE, and then run Xdoclet
in the IDE, and so on... (Is there any public or recommended configuration
example beyond the sample with the binaries?)
The only supplied build script is the one in the samples dir. Just remove
the sections that you don't need.
Post by Soos Istvan
Is it possible to use my database's (mysql) auto increment fields against
"The portable Sequence Block PK generation pattern"? Or can anyone explain
the meaning of the tag: <sequenceblock blocksize="5" retrycount="2"
table="SEQ_BLOCK" />
Need I create new database table?
The sequence block pattern is based on having a separate table for
creating keys. The reason this was implemented is because different
application servers handle key generation with the various databases
different. This seemed to be the best way to come up with a pattern that
could be used independent of application server and db vendor.

We should support the mysql auto inc fields, but don't think we do at the
moment. Hope someone will correct me if I'm wrong here :-)

Cheers
.eivind
Post by Soos Istvan
Thank you for your help!