[Middlegen-user] Generating more than one file per table
Marco Papini
2002-06-17 13:19:06 UTC
Hi there,

I'm trying to create a plugin for Middlegen, and I'm wondering if it's
possible to make it create more than one file per table using different
template, without, of course, creating different plugins.

Thanks in advance

Marco
Aslak Hellesoy
2002-06-17 14:45:07 UTC
You can override the getFileProducers() methods in your
TableDecorator/Plugin subclasses. See the HTML plugin for an example about
how it's done.

You should update from CVS, as this is damping new functionality!

What kind of plugin are you writing? I'm curious!

Cheers,
Aslak
2002-06-17 15:15:04 UTC
Whoa, did you do that for me ? ; )

Thanks for your quick answer.
I'm currently working on a project that uses WebWork with Velocity, and
I'm trying to create a plugin that generates base velocity templates
(using Velocity to generate Velocity :) ) for frontends for common WW
actions (like list, edit, ...). And, possibly, to generated this action too.
If I manage to get something working, I can send you the code.

Marco
Aslak Hellesoy
2002-06-17 15:32:11 UTC
Papini
Sent: 17. juni 2002 18:37
Whoa, did you do that for me ? ; )
Kinda. I knew I'd need it soon anyway. I'm doing the same as you, but for
Struts. I was planning to do what you do (WW/Velocity) after that, but I'm
so bloody soaked with other things that it would probably take months!

Therefore it's REALLY GREAT if you're planning to do this and share it with
the rest of the world!

My approach with the struts stuff is to hand-code it until it's good, and
then convert it to templates. I'm a Struts newbie, so the current struts
stuff is not 100% ;-)